Thursday, November 17, 2022

Week13a - Online Advertising - Analysis of the Marketplace

I find that most ads are annoying but there are a few that catch my eye are always about curly hair or dog things. The ones that draw my attention are always about animals, and a few about hair. The one that I find annoying are the ones that I have no interest, which is most of them. The ads that I do pay attention to always use photos and the link takes you to a website to buy or see what they are selling. 

I kind of miss the traditional advertising from the radio and newspapers. Sometimes I'll listen to the radio just for the ads. Most of the time I'm not interested in what they are selling. I like to use my imagination to visualize the ad. I love billboards of all kinds; they are my favorite form of advertising. I love being in the car and watching the billboards go by and reading them. I believe that all forms of advertising are effective. The more you are out there, the more chance of someone being interested and buying what you are selling. 

Instagram and Facebook are both intrusive with ads. I can say something and within a few hours an ad pops up on one or both of these sites. This is my favorite way to holiday shop now. I simply say what I'm looking for and the ad pops up within a few hours. Most other sites are generic advertising. 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping it up.

My use of social media has changed quite a bit over this semester. Our Instagram went up by almost 100 followers. The Facebook page is at 54...