Thursday, November 3, 2022

Week11a - Marketing with TikTok

 It seems that some businesses can use TikTok as an advertising platform. Seems to be a great fit for people that are selling different crafts and homemade items. I'm not too sure on the pet store being a good fit for TikTok, only time will tell. There are sites that you can visit to take classes on how to use TikTok for business. I'm going to try a few different ways to promote on TikTok and see what happens.

I did find that Petco and PetSmart are on TikTok and have quite the following but nothing like their Instagram pages. It seems that they both use the same strategy as Instagram. They post mainly videos of dogs with the hashtags. 

3 comments:

  1. I think you're right-- a lot of businesses just put the same content on TikTok that they do on Instagram reels or Facebook. I'm sure cute pet content would be very popular! Or you could even repost other people's funny animal videos. (Megan /North County Fam)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a tik tok account but I have heard lots of people love tik tok. I think tik tok would be a great way to extend your audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally am definitely on dog tik tok so I think it would be worth exploring for sure. Like I wrote in my post, Tik Tok can be an easy way to get information to the consumer quickly which is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping it up.

My use of social media has changed quite a bit over this semester. Our Instagram went up by almost 100 followers. The Facebook page is at 54...