Thursday, August 25, 2022

Week1a: My Blog Theme

The first blog theme that I chose was the Awesome Incorporation in Dark. I thought that it would look good, but it was just dark. It didn't scream this is a great blog about pet food. I went through a bunch and still haven't found one that I love yet.

I also tried the theme Notable in Coral. I thought that I would like the theme, but it didn't have the look I was going for. I wanted simple and easy, but this was too simple. I want the blog to shed light on the pet food industry and how to pick the best for your pet.

I then tried the blog theme Soho Light. I chose this theme because I thought that it would fit best with what I want my blog to be. This blog theme is simple and easy to read. I did choose a different background. I chose to use a picture of my dog. I chose this picture because she is important to me. It's to remind me that all pets deserve the best in life and it's up to us to make that happen. 

In the end I chose the theme Simple Simply Simple. I said that I wanted simple, and I found it. This is exactly what I was picturing in my head. I did add a background that was a shining light, as a metaphor for shining light on the pet food industry. It didn't show up like that, but I still liked the background.


4 comments:

  1. I love the moody colors of this blog! As you can see, I have similar colors (https://csit155-fa22-meganm.blogspot.com). I'm very curious in your work for animal welfare. Some of my clients at work are animal shelters, so I have an interest in that as well. Excited to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy!

    I think your theme is really welcoming. The metaphor behind your background is very down to earth. Your future in pet food is also super cool as well. I try and get my puppy Scooby the best food for him but who knows.. maybe I'll be a buyer of your future product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! I really like your ideas for why you chose this theme. You may look at it as something very simple but when I read it I found it so creative and interesting. It's almost a lot deeper than you would think and I like that you even think. But your idea of simplicity is awesome and exactly what I was thinking when doing mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Amy!

    This theme makes me think of Garfield the cat or Tony the Tiger. I would image that it would have to be due to the colors but also the subject that you're looking to base your blog on. Also, I can see how it would have a similar look to that of the pet food bags that gravitate towards black bags with minimal imagery.

    That said, I might ask to share you blog with my daughter. Her life has been about animals. She's still trying to figure out just where in the industry she is most comfortable but one of her jobs has been for a pet store and she has some strong feelings about the pet food industry.

    I look forward to reading more about what you think of the industry.

    ~ MJ

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping it up.

My use of social media has changed quite a bit over this semester. Our Instagram went up by almost 100 followers. The Facebook page is at 54...