Sunday, August 28, 2022

Week1b: Social Media Use Today

 The use of social media today is insane. Between Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok you never know what you are going to see or learn next. I think Facebook should be used more for business and less for personal. Just about everyone has a Facebook. I know that some businesses look at potential employees Facebook to make a decision depending on what they see. 

Instagram has more of a personal touch, it can be used for both business and to post those great ocean sunset pictures you took last week. I think that it is more personal because you can only post pictures with a limited caption. You can add hashtags to draw in the right crowd. The hashtags are important in growing your following.

TikTok is wild. You can find just about any subject you could want. You can search for hashtags and find just what you are looking for. It is definitely a time killer. Doom scrolling is what they call it, just mindlessly scrolling through TikTok. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Amy!

    LOL... Doom Scrolling. We call it falling down the rabbit hole. **really hope you got that reference** I chase that rabbit far too often and for far too long some nights. I sometimes wonder if that is what has caused my adult adhd to worsen. Previously to so many social media sources, I would have rigorous routines of errands or chores. But now it's... meh. I'll get to them later... oh look... it's Snow the cow doing the thing in the field with the other cows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    I like that you were able to use the term "learn" when it pertains to social media. This is an uplifting tone for something that often gains a negative reputation. I also agree that Instagram becomes personal and allows for us to make personal posts with photos pertaining to our every day lives. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping it up.

My use of social media has changed quite a bit over this semester. Our Instagram went up by almost 100 followers. The Facebook page is at 54...